Pittsburgh Comedy Festival (held August 23-27, 2017) is looking for ONE MORE STAND UP COMEDIAN for the festival! A slot has been reserved for a Pittsburgh Comedian that may have missed the submission deadline, wants another shot, or is an unknown talent hiding in the shadows!
The winner of the competition will receive a performance slot at the festival along with a performer’s pass for the entire weekend of shows, including our stand-up headliner: Sasheer Zamata, Interested? Read on!
Dates & times:
- Round 1: August 3rd and August 10th, 8pm at the Arcade Comedy Theater
- Round 2: 10 Semifinalist Comedians from the previous 2 shows: August 12th, 10pm at the Arcade Comedy Theater
The competition will take place in two rounds. The first night will consist of a maximum of 15 performers per show. Each performer will have a 5 minute slot. The order will be chosen randomly. The winners will be announced at the end of the show.
The top 10 scores from the first round will be invited to perform on the final night. Each performer will be given a 8 minute slot. The order will be determined randomly.
The comic with the highest score at the end of the second round will be declared the winner of the competition.
To be eligible:
- Comic must not have featured or headlined at a club or theater
- Comic must be associated to the Pittsburgh region or originated from the Pittsburgh area
- Comic must have under 5 years of experience performing stand up comedy
- Comics must be available for both August 3rd or 10th at 8pm and August 12th at 10pm
- Comics may not have participated in the Pittsburgh Comedy Festival as a performer in its previous years
- Judging will consist of 3 jury members and one audience vote
- The jury will evaluate comics based on originality, performance, and stage presence
- The jury will not be announced until the night of the competition
- Audience members will be able to vote for their top 3 favorite comics via ballot
- Performers will need to email email@example.com by July 24th, 2017 at midnight
- Please include in the subject line ‘2017 PCF Amateur Stand Up Competition’ and include your full name and contact information and preference of date
- Performers will be notified of their slot by July 26rd, 2017. (The first 30 entries will be chosen to compete.)