If you’ve been looking for an excuse to visit Pittsburgh, #PCF16 has got you covered! Get to know the sights and sounds of the steel city in between hilarious performances from unforgettable comedians.
Out-of-towners should plan their visit to #PCF16 sooner rather than later — Pittsburgh’s a college town and students will be moving in over that same weekend. Nab a hotel reservation at one of these convenient locations:
Don’t forget about AirBnB! Find a room perfect for a pre-show nap, or a house big enough to house an entire troupe. Travel even lighter via Couchsurfing, where you can find a no-frills couch to crash on at a budget-friendly price.
Every official #PCF16 event is in walking distance from our main venue on the University of Pittsburgh campus, but if you’re looking to venture out, try one of these easy options:
- Lyft and Uber are now in Pittsburgh! Download the apps to coordinate rides with the tap of your finger. Maybe you’ll end up in a futuristic self-driving science-mobile!
- HealthyRide has racks full of rentable bikes all over our fair city. To rent one, follow these easy steps, nab a bike, then park it at another rack close to your destination. If you don’t mind a hill every so often, Pittsburgh is actually a pretty bike-friendly town.
- Public transportation is available, but we’ll be honest — it’s not the greatest. If you’re not going far, hopping a bus isn’t so bad. But don’t rely on them in a rush, and note that many stop running right around 2 a.m. bar closing time. We know, right?
- Drive if you’re coming far. There’s some street parking around the venue, but it goes fast!
- Walk! There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and attractions near the festival. Looking for a place to grab a coffee or kick back for a spell? Ask our staff — they’ll point you in the right direction!
Things to Do N’at
Have some spare time between shows or workshops? Start by checking out Pittsburgh’s Yelp! page for food, drink, and fun. Visit Pittsburgh also has a great database of Pittsburgh landmarks, hot spots, and destinations to check out. Why not start with some must-sees right near PCF, like the Carnegie Museum of Art or Phipps Conservatory?
Still Have Questions?
That’s what we’re here for! You can always email our team with your questions. Once you’re at the venue, nab someone with a captain’s hat on (no really, we’ll be wearing captain’s hats) and ask away. We’re eager to help you enjoy the city we love so much!