PCF wants our festival to be accessible to as wide an audience as possible. In this spirit, in addition to keeping all prices relatively low, we have moved some of our programming to a Pay What You Wish pricing model. For these events, we ask attendees reflect on their situation and Pay What They Wish!
How should I pick my payment level?
Consider paying less if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- receive public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
Consider paying more if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- travel recreationally
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part time by choice
- have a relatively high degree of earning power
If you are able to pay more on the scale, it is greatly appreciated.
No one will be turned away for lack of funds
If the minimum price point is too high for you or your family to participate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can PCF support pay what you can?
The Pittsburgh Comedy Festival is committed to having inclusive programming, and has adjusted its budget priorities to provide fair compensation for workshop providers / performances and offer tickets at a low price. Additional financial support is provided courtesy The Heinz Endowments.